Feel good and have that healthy glow. Its time to get yourself a pedometer. Wearing a pedometer is one of the best investments for your health. This great little gadget helps you to maintain your weight, increase your blood flow (that’s where the ‘healthy glow’ comes from) and of course keep you active throughout the day.
Why 10,000 Steps?
Do you know that the average sedentary person may only average 1,000 to 3,000 steps a day? Therefore, to strive for an active lifestyle, one should aim to walk 10,000 steps a day which is equivalent to 5 miles (or 8 km) of walking exercise.
In order to achieve good health, walking 10,000 steps a day will also burn about 2000 to 3500 calories a week, which will not only improve one’s overall health but will also:
- Elevates one’s mood and physical well-being
- Decrease the chance of developing coronary heart disease
- Reduces anxiety and depression
- Slows the aging process and prolongs life
- Promote healthy bones and reduce the chance of osteoporosis
For fitness enthusiasts and those who want to lose weight fast, you may want to gradually work up to 12,000 steps to 15,000 steps a day.