PRP – Platelet Rich Plasma
Your body is full of powerful growth factors and anti-inflammatories. Let us help you use them.
PRP (platelet rich plasma) is a portion of the blood that runs through your entire body. It is the platelets that are first attracted to and responsible for the first part of wound healing, whenever there is any form of injury.
With the advent of new technology, we are able to extract and concentrate the power of YOUR OWN platelets to help repair damaged tissue, quickly and naturally while at the same time reducing pain and discomfort.
Where ordinarily treatments such as corticosteroids are injected into inflamed or damaged tissue to reduce swelling, inflammation and pain, it does little in the form of healing. On the contrary, such steroid injections (if not managed properly), can cause degeneration of tissue, resulting in a weakened structure, be it muscle, ligament or joint.
The process is SIMPLE:
- We withdraw a small amount of blood from your arm
- The blood is centrifuged to separate it into different fractions
- The platelets are extracted and ACTIVATED to release the growth factors within them
- We reinfect these platelets and growth factors into the tissue that needs healing
What can be treated?
PRP Treatment & Injections can be used alone or in combination with other therapies to treat many conditions such as:
- Sports injuries
- Frozen shoulder
- Cartilage degeneration
- Supportive treatment in arthritis – knees
- Plantar fasciitis
- Inflammatory conditions such as:
- Hair regeneration due to many forms of alopecia
- Gynecological conditions (the Venus Shot)
- Conditions which may/may not be related to menopause
- Stress incontinence such as post pregnancy/delivery
- Enhanced sexual sensation
- Vaginal dryness
- Urology (the Adonis Shot):
- Erectile dysfunction
- Skin rejuvenation
- Sun damaged skin
- Sensitive skin
- and many more
Give us a call to ask if you could benefit from PRP Treatment & Injections.
Book your Consultation Now
Call 011 465 8846